The last couple days have been a little rough. I’ve been busier than usual this week, working more and feeling more and more pregnant. I had to take the last 2 days off from working out because I just could not do it. Husband is also kind of injured so he has taken a big step back from exercising this week too. I have also been working on a big project so my writing and posting has suffered lately. Now, it’s finally Saturday, I’ve already gone on a nice long walk, cleaned the house and I am finally ready to get back to that ever-growing to-do list.
Speaking of lists…someone’s birthday is coming up in just 6 short days and I have spent a little bit of time browsing around and window shopping for some of my favorite things. I like for Husband to have a very clear idea of what I want for the big B-day, and I figure I’m just doing him a favor picking out several present ideas in advance. I decided to put together a little list of my “favorite things” at the moment.
With the holidays coming up we could all use some gift ideas right? So, here’s what I am either loving or dying to have this season!
1. I am obsessed with anything that looks even slightly Parisian. Paris is one of my all time favorite cities and I just cannot have enough of it in my life. Anything with an Eiffel tower or a French phrase just feels so romantic and whimsical.
2. We all know Sephora is like my Mother Ship, so clearly, I want the entire store wrapped up and put under my tree this year, but my favorite brand right now is Josie Maran. Her fancy organic Moroccan Argon Oil infused products seem to do wonders for my skin. Considering my skin is typically a minefield for zits and blackheads, I’m willing to pay her prices for her products.
3. Sephora also carries Wen hair care products. Chaz Dean’s infomercials may be super obnoxious, but his stuff works.
5. I probably don’t need any books since my Nook’s library is overflowing with books I have yet to read, but I still want to read the biography everyone is talking about: I am Malala and the new Bridget Jone’s book (did you know there’s a new one???).
6. I always have clothes on my wish list, but now that I am 27 weeks pregnant it’s becoming very difficult to find something that looks good on my enormous belly. Mostly, I pick up cute tight-fitting dress and too-high stilettos and then pout because I can’t wear anything cool and new this season. However, I am finding leggings, big sweaters, boots, scarves and oversized jackets perfect for the bigger version of me, and for this chilly weather.
7. Now, let’s talk accessories….
8. My favorite chocolate shop in the whole wide world (Vosges Haut-Chocolate), just came out with a line of Hunger Games themed chocolates and truffles! Just in time for my Birthday, which also happens to be the premier of Catching Fire. They made themed chocolate bars for the main characters, a chocolate bar collection that consists of a bar from every district AND a Capitol truffle collection that comes with 16 hidden treasures and trinkets!
9. And last, but certainly not least, is the present I want the most. I have been begging Husband for a new SLR camera for a while now. I am not even sure which one I want exactly, but our nice camera broke and I need a new camera… especially with a new baby on the way. Any of you photogs out there have a suggestion for a great camera?
Have a great time shopping this Holiday season! We have not even begun our gift buying yet…Oh well, Black Friday is just around the corner!