So, remember that time I quit the iPhone and said how freakin’ amazing the Samsung Galaxy S4 is? Well, it’s been a while and now I’ve gotten to try the Motorola Droid Turbo and HOLY COW, this phone is so much better! I love it, and all of a sudden my Galaxy S4 seems so slow and old and yucky and light years behind.
There are lots of cool techy features about the phone that involve words like resolution, processor, RAM and Kavlar, but you can read about that somewhere else. I’m going to tell you what I like about the phone, and I do not plan on using any of the cell phone jargon. Here goes something.
1. It has awesome voice control! You can set a voice command, or launch phrase, to whatever you like to get your phone’s attention. My phone responds to, “Excuse me, Mr. Wonderful.” I say that simple phrase and Mr. Wonderful lights up and is ready to fulfill my needs. It is ridiculously accurate, once I whispered my launch phrase to a friend and it responded. It’s so nice to have someone…er something, that always listens.
2. This is related to #1, but it needs it own number: Voice commands! For example, these are some conversations that happen between me and my Mr. Wonderful….
Excuse me, Mr. Wonderful. Take Me Home. (Google maps will then route me home.)
Excuse me, Mr. Wonderful. Call Peter my love. (Calls Husband)
Excuse me, Mr. Wonderful. Take a selfie. (selfie cam turns out, counts down and takes pic without me pressing a button)
Excuse me, Mr. Wonderful. Play Taylor Swift, Shake it Off. (video on, baby stops crying)
I especially love this feature in the car. I typically keep my phone attached to this little device that connects to my AC vent so I can see the maps or whatever. I can have complete texting conversations without ever needing to look at or touch my phone.
3. It knows when you are driving. Yup, it will recognize the speed and background noise and go into driving mode. For example when someone calls or texts you it will say, “Text from Mom, say listen if you would like to hear text”. Everything is hands-free and it works so well.
4. It takes great photos. Here are some photos I took that have not been retouched in anyway.
5. Everything seems faster. Maps, google, facebook, instagram and even texting seem so much faster.
6. The battery last a very long time. They say it lasts 2 days, but I use my phone a lot, so it lasts me all day, which is better than any other phone.
7. It’s bigger and prettier. The screen looks amazing.
8. It chargers much faster. It has a “turbo charger”.
It does lots of other neat tricks, but I guess you’ll just have to get one and find out what they are!
What phone are you using?