Luna recently returned from her second annual family vacation to Hilton Head Island, SC. This summer vacation was a different animal compared to last summer. Last year, Luna was a 6-month old not-crawling-yet baby. This year she is a fearless running wild toddler with a will to jump in deep water at a moment’s notice. Meaning? This year’s beach trip was the best (and sometimes scariest) one yet.
Luna had such a good time that I decided to compile a bucket list of her (well, my) favorite beach activities.
- Watch the sunrise on the beach. Luna and I did this a few times because someone likes to wake up at 5am, but one morning we shared a special sunrise time with some of our favorite people and we added champagne.
2. Let the littles swim naked. Luna’s favorite skinny dipping time with during the sunrise.
3. Take lots of bike rides and stay active. We rode bikes every single day around the island, and while it may not look like it, Luna loved being pulled around in her private cart.
4. Buy a puddle jumper and let them swim. Luna LOVES her puddle jumper. She begs to wear it, and I love it even more. Luna went swimming in the pool and in the ocean every single day.
5. Get a little dirty. What else would you do on the beach if not play in the sand?
6. Dress that baby in white and force them to take a photo on the beach. You’ve just got to do it.
7. After the photo, let them just be their silly selves and get that new white dress all broken in.
8. Finally, spend as much time with your crazy family as possible. Even if it means learning weird new yoga poses. This is one of the few times you are all together and that everyone gets to bond with that toddler of yours. Embrace it and enjoy it.
Anyone else have any fun beach traditions or activities to share?