We are on a quick family vacation to Texas for a cousin’s wedding and since I am with my parents (and they are more than happy to entertain Luna every second of the day), I have this weird thing called “free time”. It’s possibly the best feeling I’ve ever had. In any case, I’m in the mood to write and recently came across this survey in Hellogiggles.com – “30 questions you should ask your best friend”. I figure we’re pretty close, right? So, I might as well go ahead and answer them for you…
1. Who are your top three lady heroes?
Lorelei Gilmore, Lucille Ball, Audrey Hepburn and Miss Frizzle and yeah I know that’s 4.
2. When you were little, what did you want to be?
A veterinarian until I realized that you have to deal with sick animals and then, a meteorologist. In fact, I still often watch the weather channel for fun.
3. Who do you think should run for president in two years?
Ellen DeGeneres…well someone like her, but with lots of political experience.
4. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year? Ever?
Ummm, Big Girls Wear Panties?? I only have time for children’s books, stop judging me! I did just start The Girl in the Spider’s Web, the new book in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.
Ever?? That’s tough, but I guess Harry Potter. I could read those books forever.
5. What makes you feel afraid?
Death, cockroaches and being alone with my thoughts
6. Would you rather get lunch with Gillian Flynn or J.K. Rowling?
Obvi, J.K.! Although, I wouldn’t pass up a lunch date with Gillian either.
7. What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
Thinking that everyone called a vagina a “noony” until second grade….thanks Mom!
8. If you had the option of adopting a baby fox or baby koala, which one would you choose?
Both! No way I could choose one over the other.
9. What’s your dream job?
Well, I LOVED being a full-time stay-at-home-mom, but since I can’t do that forever and it’s not technically a job… I’d like to teach in an atmosphere that gives me the freedoms to teach creatively, and not be controlled by test scores and mountains of paperwork. I’d also like to get paid to travel the world… So maybe a blogger that reviews the world’s most unique destinations? Yeah…that sounds good.
10. Who is your favorite mythological god/goddess?
Hmm, Artemis, I guess. Goddess of the hunt, wilderness, animals, young girls, childbirth, plague and the moon.
Oh boy… Probably someone in preschool #boycrazy. Either that or JTT.
12. If you had to choose between using Internet Explorer forever, or permanently using an AOL e-mail address, which one would it be?
As humiliating as it might be, an AOL E-mail address.
13. If you could either be a duck or an owl, which would you be?
Duck! I want to be in the water all the time, duck my head in for fish and shake my tail feathers all cute like.
14. What do you love about yourself most?
I’ve always had a high metabolism.
15. What don’t you like so much?
Acne problems and my inability to say “no”.
16. Rugrats or Doug?
Ah, it’s like Sophie’s choice! Doug, because he had The Beets.
17. Which house would you belong to in Game of Thrones? Like, very honestly.
Okay, honestly, I was going to just say House of Targaryn because that’s my fav, but I just googled it, because how do you actually know what house you should be in? Turns out it depends on your hair and eye color. So, then I guess I’m in the House of Lannistet of Lannisport.
18. If you got a (new) tattoo, what would it be of?
A moon for Luna, because I’m a cheesy Mom.
19. What would you like to eat for your last meal?
A giant plate of nachos… Or tacos….or french fries…
20. If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose?
Anything to make me popular enough to be on Dancing with the Stars!
21. Who has influenced you the most?
Probably my Mom.
22. What are your favorite lyrics?
Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling thru
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true
23. Real jeans or jeggings?
24. On the first day of ruling the world, what would you do?
Make the entire world read Horton Hears a Who and write a report on what it means to treat others with kindness.
25. If you were forced to open a bakery, what would you name it?
Hilarie’s Honey Buns
26. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever done on a date?
Hitchhiked maybe? I dunno, we’ve had A LOT of weird dates, especially in Albania.
27. What do you hope to achieve by 50?
The ability to grow and maintain a vegetable garden.
28. What has been your best moment this year (so far)?
Traveling with Luna to England and Scotland. Best time there was probably in York.
29. Would you rather be stuck in traffic for two hours, or have Chipotle run out of guacamole forever?
Stuck in traffic. It would suck, but not nearly as bad as losing guacamole FOREVER.
30. Why are you so amazing?!
It’s all in the coffee.